Cultural Awareness Training Register Guidelines
Reconciliation Australia is seeking expressions of interest from training providers who deliver Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultural safety and awareness training to be part of a national register.
The register will be available to organisations wishing to access Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultural safety/awareness training providers. This includes organisations engaged in our Reconciliation Action Plan program. The register will be updated regularly to allow for new providers to be registered and will be available on Reconciliation Australia’s website.
The purpose of the national register is not to endorse or provide accreditation to any particular training provider/s but to assemble a list of companies offering these services.
Interested parties and applicants wishing to register must provide the following information in the form on the website:
- A brief biography
- History of training experience
- Training format (including experiential training opportunities for participants)
- Area/s of expertise
- Connection to the local Indigenous community and collaboration with local expertise in training provision
- Participant feedback/evaluation of previous training provider
- Evidence of experience of working in a cross-cultural setting
The contact details of all organisations and individuals who satisfy the criteria will be placed on the register and appear on the RA website. Organisations will be notified by email when their details are uploaded to the website. Listings will include contact details and a brief outline of the type of training provided.
Cultural safety/awareness training providers list – steps to registering:
- Please fill in the form on the Reconciliation Australia website.
- Fill out the information required and submit your form. (Applications will only be accepted via submission through the website.)
- Reconciliation Australia will approve your listing (based on whether your company provides Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultural safety/awareness training and all information requested is provided). Your company will then be registered with Reconciliation Australia as a provider of cultural awareness/safety training.
- You will receive email confirmation once your company is registered with Reconciliation Australia as a provider of cultural awareness/safety training.